- Customer service 08457 213 141
- Alternative numbers 0500 800500/0141 5320900/0131 549 8046
- UK Call centre- YES
- Automated service
- Lost/stolen cards- 0845 300 0344- no number online for calling from abroad- number is available but only in welcome pack – and printed on reverse of card- not much good if lost or stolen!
Charges/ Fees for basic current account- (not including interest charged or specialist services)
- Minimum monthly funding charge- NO
- Unarranged overdraft- over £10 but less than £25 charged at £5 per day, £25 + charged at £10 per day, including weekends and holidays.
- Returned item fee- £10 per item, up to three per day, no maximum cap on fees.
- Control option for £10 per month.
- Complaint resolution procedure- freephone- NO-08457 213 141- Online assurance that complaint will be investigated, not clear on website what exact steps customer service will take for resolution of more complex problems.
- Customer service charter- NO
- Customer satisfaction surveys published – NO
Number of complaints to FCA 1st July -31st December 2012- 36185- 93% closed within 8 weeks- 64% complaints upheld(won) by complainee.(includes Halifax)
- Switching 7 days
- New account opening – operational within 14 days
- Direct line to branches- NO
- Existing customer incentives/offers-None obvious on website.
- New customers 0845 606 0286
- Existing customers 0845 300 0268
- Alternative found 0131 339 8620
- From abroad +44 (0)131 5498724 Phone charges not specified on website
- Switching Business accounts 7 days
- Complaint resolution procedure- Couldn’t find online.
- Existing customer incentives- NO
Credit cards, Mortgages & Savings-
Please leave your feedback for other financial products from Bank of Scotland on our feedback and forum page, we really want to know what you have to say!
Tell us your experience with Bank of Scotland. Rate this business on our ratings page.
Tell us about your experiences on our forum page.
Anything we need to know or to give us updates or corrections email us on email@example.com