- New enquiries 0800 242 424
- Existing customers 08456 100 100
- Automated service- NO-actually speak to real person straight away!
- Calling from abroad- +44 (0)1113 2345678
- UK call centre- YES
- Facebook: YES
- Lost/stolen cards- 08456 100 100/ +44 (0)113 2345678
- HSBC is parent company.
Charges/fees for basic current account-(not including interest charged or specialist rates)
- Minimum monthly funding charge- £10 per month unless £1500.00 paid into account or balance of £1500.00 reduced to £1000.00 on 1st May 2013
- Informal overdrafts- £25 per day- waivers- fees are waived if- it’s 1st time in 6 months account has been over agreed limits or it is £10 or less or if debited arrangement fees cause your account to go overdrawn or further overdrawn
- Return fees- up to £25 per transaction
- Complaint resolution procedure-Not specified online- Recommended to speak to advisor on telephone- not specified if a customer gets a personal handler assigned to more complex problems
- Customer service charter- Not as such- do have service guarantee
- Customer satisfaction published? No- but do have some statistics online comparing recommendations and have received awards for customer service
Complaints recorded with FCA 1st July 2012- 31st December 2012- 64050 (includes HSBC parent company) 64050, 87% closed within 8 weeks, 30% upheld (won) by compalinee.
- Average time to switch account 7 days
- Set up of new current account- 5-7 working days
- Incentives for existing customers- None we could find
Credit cards, Mortgages & Savings-
Please leave your feedback for other financial products from First Direct on our feedback and forum page, we really want to know what you have to say!
Tell us about your experience with First Direct- rate this business on our ratings page.
Tell us about your experiences on our forum page.
Anything we need to know or to give us updates or corrections email us on email@example.com