- Customer services existing customers 08457 404 404
- New Customers 08456 040 626
- International number- +44 (0) 1226261010 Can get through to call centre from landline and mobile-much cheaper!
- UK call centre? Yes
- Lost/stolen cards-08456 007010 International- +44 (0)1442 422929 reverse charges- +44(0)1442 422047
- Branch fax numbers are available
- Facebook: YES but do not appear to respond to comments.
Charges/fees for basic current account- (not including interest charged or specialist services)
- Minimum monthly funding charge? NO
- Formal overdraft- No arrangement fees
- Informal overdraft- 1st informal overdraft in 6 months- no charge, subsequent over £10 – £25 per day, same day buffer- no fees charged if account brought back into credit the same day.
- Return item fee- up to £10 charge free, £10-25 -charged at £10 per item, £25 + charged at £25 per item, restricted to one charge per day. (fees will never be more than value of transaction.)
Complaint resolution procedure-
- Ongoing complaints not assigned specialist handler- but do pledge to keep customers updated.
Customer service charter? No
- Customer satisfaction records published ? No
- Complaints recorded by FCA 1st July 2012-31st December 2012- (includes first direct bank) 64050, 87% closed within 8 weeks, 30% upheld (won ) by complainees
Set up of accounts
- New current account up to 10 days
- Switching 7 days
- Free phone number- Yes- 0800 587 4986 Existing -NO- 08457 404 404, see call charges page as we could not find call charge rates online
- Lost / stolen cards as above
Account set up
- New accounts up to 14 days
- Switching- 7 days
- Business guidance offered through online knowledge centre
- Complaints resolution procedure- very nice video online- if complaint more complex and cannot be resolved same day, promise to contact next working day.
- Online chat available- YES
- Branch numbers available- Not direct, Fax direct numbers.
Credit cards, Mortgages & Savings-
Please leave your feedback for other financial products from HSBC on our feedback and forum page, we really want to know what you have to say!
Tell us about your experiences with HSBC. Rate this business on our ratings page.
Tell us about your experiences on our forum page.
Anything we need to know or to give us updates or corrections email us on email@example.com