- Sales 0800 678 1264
- Support 0800 600 6156
- Billing enquiries 0845 600 6156
- Complaints Call 0800 800 151 or 0330 123 4151 mobile numbers or +44 179 359 6931 from abroad
- Live webchat: YES
- Online forum: YES
- Facebook: YES-recommended for getting some attention.
- UK call centres: NOT EXCLUSIVELY
- Market share/ number of customers: ~18 million ( including domestic)
- switching to BT , three easy steps outlined, no guarantees or promises , operational complaints management team.
- Average time up to 26 days to switch
- Average time for new line installation: up to 26 days.
- Existing customer incentives: NO
- Minimum 12 month contract
- Early cancellation charges: YES
- Customer charter: NO, code of practise
- Complaints policy:YES
- Customer service/ complaints record available: NO
- Openreach engineers for installation.
- Must inform BT 14 days prior to moving so as not to incur bills from old address.
Compensation for repair of faults not made when stated/ late installation: Clearly stated in code of practice, however very difficult to find in bt.com /terms and exclusions do apply.
- Call divert to other lines or mobiles with some payment for extra costs incurred by using a mobile phone, not available for 08, 00, 09, 07 numbers and fixed daily allowance.
- If call divert not available can claim for compensation equal to one months rental excl VAT per day or part day.
- Financial loss and mobile call costs (on fixed daily allowance) can be claimed for but I cannot easily find the rates etc in terms and conditions.
Charges made by BT
- Late payments £13.50
- Returned DD’s- £10.00 call centre and webchat do not know for sure!
- Non DD payments £3 per month
- Disputed charges : must write to BT within 14 days of receipt of bill late payments charged at 7% above base lending rate of European central bank
- BT reserve the right to change contract including charges at any time giving 30 days notice, customers do not have the right to terminate contract with no charge if these changes adversely affect them.
- Installation of new line £112.00
- Engineer call out charges-( Non BT fault) £132.00 per visit (working hours) £228 weekend /bank holidays + up to £288 per hour after initial visit charge.
- Many different packages starting at £11 + VAT per month
- Minimum 12 month contract
- Connection fees may apply
- Helpdesk charged at national call rate
- Tech head charges £25 for 30 mins
- Re-grade charge £75 ( changing packages within contract)
- Fault attendance charge £210
- Abortive visit charge £100
- Ceasing service charge ( no migration code) £25
- Cancellation charges – before service starts- £15 plus abortive visit fee (if applicable), plus charge for BT Hub ( if applicable) plus contractual costs (if applicable)
- Early termination charges for cancelling during minimum contract period- Subscription, rental and any other recurring charges for any remaining part of the minimum period.
- Extra usage charges £5 for 5GB (if usage over plans’ limits) BT will send a notice when reaching 80% of usage
- Credit of £25 if BT is late in repairing a service failure, this is a one off credit and applies to any single claim, terms do apply and limited to 90 days after fault repaired, this is credited towards future bills
Tell us your experience with BT business phone/ Broadband. Rate this business on our ratings page.
And/or tell us about your experiences with BT business phone/Business Broadband on our forum page.
Anything we need to know or to give us updates or corrections email us on email@example.com