- Enquiries 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200
- UK call centres: YES
- Live webchat: YES
- Forum: YES
- Facebook page: YES complaints seem to get reaction quickly!
- Part of BT group
- Market share/ number of customers:~750,000
- switching to Plusnet . Clear steps identified, but no time frame indicated
- Average time for new line installation: No clear steps identified and no time frame
- Existing customer incentives: Discounts available for renewing contracts
- No minimum contract option available as are 12 & 18 month contracts
- Special considerations for vunerable and low income customers: some but limited
- Nuisance/ malicious call advisors : Clear guidance available online
- Complaints – Not publicised
- Customer charter: NO, code of practice
- Complaints policy:YES, Clear steps identified, with clear time frame for response period.
- Customer service/ complaints record available: SOME:Current waiting time online updated every 3 mins, most queries dealt with within 12 hours, average physical faults repair time ~ 4 days
- Moving home: 10 working days notice required, connection charges depend on type of move (contact customer services)
- Aim to have faults looked at within 72 hours
- Cessation fee
Compensation for repair of faults not made when stated/ late installation:
- Faults- cannot find: NONE
- Compensation/ refunds: NONE
- Call divert used and any costs of calls credited to bill after fault fixed: NONE
Charges made by Plusnet
- Returned DD’s £10.00
- Late payment charge £7.50
- Pressing 3 on 1471: 15p
- 12 months line rental paid upfront- non refundable.
- Installation charges £49.99 for new line, BT transfer free
- Paper bills not available
- Early cancellation charges: YES- £4.80 Weekends , Weekends & Evenings £6.00 Anytime £8.10 monthly early termination.
- Freephone number, 0800 4320200
- packages range from £5.99- 9.99 per month HDSL
- Fibre £15.99-19.99 per month
- Contract length no contract (30 days) 12 month & 18month- fibre minimum 18 month contract
- £25 activation charge can be applicable on some packages
- Router (if required) P & P £5.99
- Fibre new customers £25 activation fee, free if take up new phone or have existing phone package
- Low cost/ other areas, package prices can vary up to £7 per month depending on the area you live
- Home move fee £65
- Cessation fee (where applicable) £30
- Extra use charges £5 per 5GB
- Early terminaton charges HDSL £4.25 essentials plan per month £5.50 for unlimited per month remaining in plan
- Plusnet can terminate service for no reason giving 10 days notice, most plans require customer to give 30 days notice
- Plusnet will end contract without charge if , up to 90 days after service is live customer consistently gets lower speeds than quoted and Plusnet have not been able to improve speeds.
NOTES- PLUSNET received Which recommended provider 2013.
Facebook pages do complain of lengthy customer service response times and wait times!
Tell us your experience with PlusNet home phone/Broadband/TV. Rate this business on our ratings page.
And/or tell us about your experiences with PlusNet home phone/Broadband/TV on our forum page
Anything we need to know or to give us updates or corrections email us on email@example.com