- Home phone enquiries: 08442 410 499- free from Sky talk landline
- Alternative numbers found, 0800 0963624 or 020 7126 7020 much cheaper from mobile phone!
- UK call centres: NO-UK & India
- Live webchat: YES
- Online forum: YES
- Facebook: YES- Good to get some attention
- O2′s Broadband is Sky’s service
- Market share/ number of customers: ~10 million
- switching: Guarantee to switch hassle free and will compensate for any missed or delayed transfer, unfortunately only daily charge for rental service which is next to nothing.
- Average time / days to switch: Varies- up to 14 days
- Average time for new line installation: Up to 14 days
- Existing customer incentives:NO
- Minimum 12 month contract
- Early cancellation charges:YES £3.50 per month for duration of contract.
- Special considerations for vunerable and low income customers: Some but limited
- Customer charter: NO
- Complaints policy: Yes, complaints code
- Customer service/ complaints record available: NO
- Moving home: Sky will charge any reasonable costs they incur as a result of you moving house. Must inform Sky on 08442 410 499 prior to house move. These costs are not detailed online
- NO compensation for missed appointments by engineers
- Emails can take up to 10 days to be answered
Compensation for repair of faults not made when stated/ late installation
- None that I can find, aim to resolve faults within 5 working days
Charges made by Skytalk
- Sky do not charge late payment fees or missed DD’s but put an active block on services until account cleared.
- Phone line connection: Additional line £100.00
- Engineer charges if customer found to be liable for fault £105.00
- Do not use Sky operator services if you can possibly avoid it and reverse charging is extortionate. Examples below-
Call reverse charges (including 0800 Reverse) – From UK landline- Minimum charge- £7.35, from payphone and mobiles-minimum charge-£12.30
Dialling 100 operator services from Sky home phone-UK landline or 0870- minimum charge £11.02, to mobile phones minimum charge- £28.39
- Customer services-08442 411 653- (call centres based in UK and India) free from Sky landline, but beware you can be on hold for a long time!
- Alternative numbers found- 020 7126 7020 or 0800 0512592
- Minimum 12 month contract
- Can take up to 2 weeks to switch
- Packages vary from Lite- unlimited HDSL or fibre, Sky will move you onto a higher usage package if you go over your usage allowance, umlimited BB is not subject to traffic management
- If new router is required Sky will not rush this out to you- 3-5 working days expected delivery
Charges made by Sky Broadband
- Set up fees £25-60 dependent on plan
- £2.18 router delivery
- Continuous debit/credit card mandate 50p per month (if used)
- Early termination charges
- Upfront line rental offer
- Customers will get free McAFEE trial for between 3-12 months (plans vary) you will have to tell Sky you do not want it after trial period otherwise you will be charged £3 per month thereafter
- Prices when taken with Sky home phone package- free for Lite plan, £7.50 per month unlimited, £20 per month fibre unlimited
- Compensation for connection problems from Sky appears to be very limited and often there is none at all, some customers appear to be offered small amounts if they are persistent
- Customer services- 0844 411 653 only free for Sky customers
- Alternative landline number- 020 7126 7020
- Minimum 12 month contract
- Packages range from £21.50-60.50 per month
- Set up 7-10 days average time
- Upgrades can be immediate
- Home move: Clear steps identified, two weeks notice is advisable, it is usually free, however engineers are not insured to enter lofts and some non-standard home moves may incur extra charges
- Existing customer incentives: very limited, found cinema tickets and prize draws and dependant on Sky plan and recommend a friend
- Service and maintenance costs are free for first 12 months, after this time if you do not pay for a Sky protect plan an engineer call out charge of £60 will be chargable for any equipment faults
- 12 months warranty for service and maintanence on equipment
Charges made by Sky TV
- Early termination charges: Monthly rental charge + daily rate
- Price increases within contract: Can increase Sky digital charges at any time for stand alone premium channels or extra Sky premium channels
- Can increase price of plan once only during contract minimum term, this will not be more than 10% or the increase of RPI during past 12 months whichever is greater?? Sky will have to give 31 days notice unless the increase is by a regulatory body eg. VAT increase.
- Must give 31 days notice to change service if it results in reduced subscription payments plus may charge reasonable administration fees.
- Sky protect plan after first 12 month contract- sky digi box £5.75 per month or one off payment of £69 per year. Sky + box, or more than 2 boxes etc £8.25 per month or one off payment of £99 per year. If a Sky box requires replacement you will be offered a reconditioned box, not new.
- Be aware to get acknowledgement of disconnection request and recommend not do it via email as Sky can take up to 10 days to reply or acknowledge an email
- Do not think you can cancel your service outside of minimum contract and restart trying to get the best deals, you will be treated as a returning customer
Tell us your experience with Skytalk home phone/Broadband/TV. Rate this business on our ratings page.
And/or tell us about your experiences with Skytalk home phone/Broadband/TV on our forum page
Anything we need to know or to give us updates or corrections email us on email@example.com