- Call 150 free from your Virgin media home phone
- 0845 840 7777 customer services not free from any other provider
- Alternative’s found 0800 9535353 or 01256 752000
- UK call centres: No UK & India
- Market share/ number of customers:~4.2 million
- switching to Virgin :Clear steps identified, but no time frame indicated.
- Average time for new line installation: No clear steps identified and no time frame.
- Existing customer incentives: NO
- Minimum 12 month contract
- Early cancellation charges: YES
- Special considerations for vunerable and low income customers: some but limited
- Nuisance/ malicious call advisors : NO
- Complaints. NO information available
- Customer charter: NO, code of practise
- Complaints policy:YES, Clear steps identified.
- Customer service: I was unlucky with an overseas advisor and it took about 2 mins to give my address to her, after 26 minutes, I had not one question answered. Facebook do assure customers -who have faced similar language barriers-that the staff are trained to the same standards as UK advisors, which is fine but not the point customers are trying to make.
- Live webchat: YES
- Facebook: YES
- Moving home: Charges may be incurred, but cannot find prices online or have not had question answered via all methods available.
Compensation for repair of faults not made when stated/ late installation: I do apologise to you all, but I am not able to be totally accurate with the information below as I cannot find and have not been offered any price lists from Virgin Media despite phoning call centre’s and facebook and sending a form back, no one appears to know the information below, but I have trawled through forums etc to get some information.
- Faults, No specific time period for action/ fault resolution outlined
- Compensation/ refunds:On a case by case basis
- Call divert used and any costs of calls credited to bill after fault fixed.
- Engineer call out where customer’s equipment is at fault or customer not in-£99.00
Charges made by Virgin Phone/Broadband
- Non DD payments £5 per month
- Returned DD’s – Think they block service until bill is paid in full.
- Pressing 3 on 1471: 35p for some others may incur costs of 16.34 p plus standard call connection and pence per minute
- Early termination fee home phone £4 per month, Broadband £5-20 per month for each remaining month left on contract.
- Installation charges starts at £49.95
- Paper bill £1.75 a month
- Calls to UK landlines if not included in package- connection fee 15.94p plus 9.94p per minute- the most expensive connection charges we have found.
- Any line rental prepayments will not be refundable after 7 working days after start of contract
- Moving home: Double monthly bill as payment in advance plus £10 moving fee
- Transfer of account holder name-£20
- Customer service 0845 840 7777- not free (see above for alternatives)
- Only available in Virgin cabled streets
- Market share/number of customers~ 4 million
- Catch up not available for every programme, only Virgin media’s pick of the week
- TIVO £5 per month extra on top of existing TV package
- TIVO 500GB first box free activation TIVO 1TB box £49.95 activation fee
- Money back guarantee 28 working days refund of first months rental charges and installation charge, transaction charges only will be charged.
- Free servicing and repairs for as long as a customer as equipment remains property of Virgin media (excludes misues/mistreatment)
- Limited offers for existing customers
- Lots of offers for new customers
- Early termination fees -£15 per month left on contract
Tell us your experience with Virgin home phone/Broadband/TV. Rate this business on our ratings page.
And/or tell us about your experiences with Virgin home phone/Broadband/TV on our forum page
Anything we need to know or to give us updates or corrections email us on email@example.com